Simple & Direct Dos & DONTs Checklist for Chinese New Year
7-14 Days Before Chinese New Year
- Do Pay up all your bills and begin with a clean record. DON’T start the year burdened with debts! Hence, settle your mobile, electricity, water, rental, tariff, and all kind of payment before Chinese New Year. Start your year with NO debt!
- DO Get your haircut and new clothes, preferably in red, for a brand new you when the New Year arrives! New hairstyle, new clothes for new self with good emotion in New Year.
- DO Give your home a good spring-cleaning. Clear away the clutter and mess to welcome in new Qi for the New Year. New and clean home for New Year.
- DO Decorate your home with auspicious symbols such as the lanterns, paper-cuts, red couplets and red packets. Couplets and Red Packets contain poetic phrases announcing good wishes and blessings like “Prosperity”, “Longevity“, “Wealth”, “Happiness”, ” Health” & “Peace”.
On the eve of Chinese New Year
- DON’T go lending money to people on the eve as anyone who do so will find themselves lending money all year round.
- DO have a family reunion. A big, delicious dinner creates good luck for the family throughout the year. It also keeps the family close together.
- DON’T use foul and offensive language or unlucky words ! No ghost stories, No bad stories, No bad news. News related to death and sickness are totally taboo. Instead talk about your future plans and dreams for the coming year.
- DO open all your windows and doors at the stroke of midnight to allow the old year energy Qi, to leave and the New Year energy to enter. DO celebrate with lots of noise and merry-making!
Contact: email@example.com or call 6012 560 3333