I am in China now for my half -yearly sabbatical leave. I am spending a few fruitful weeks here. Today, I would like to share a Chinese calligraphy from a Dao temple.
There are 8 major Chinese characters at left and right hand side， Which are
- 礼 Li : Courtesy, how one should treat the public and individual
- 义 Yi : Justice, how one should uphold justice
- 廉 Lian : Honesty, how one should avoid corruption and unclean manner.
- 耻 Chi：Shame/Honour, how one should have sense of honour and feeling of shame towards unholiness.
- 孝 Xiao : Filial Piety, how one should treat the elderly and older people.
- 悌 Ti : Brotherhood, how one should treat his relatives an friends
- 忠 Zhong : Loyalty, how one should be loyal to superior, family and community
- 信 Xin ：Faithfulness, how one is accountable to his promise and words
This are 8 personal temperament of an individual which correspond to 8 trigrams in Bagua. In our practice, a feng shui master’s Personal Power and his metaphysical strength is very much depend on these characteristics. Therefore, in our training, we NOT only focus on formula based feng shui, but also pay attention to those characteristic cultivation.
Our group is NOT the first one to acknowledge the importance of above mentioned characteristics. You could easily find those 8 characters(represent 8 personal virtues) repeated many times in Yijing old classic text….
All ancient sages, Chinese metaphysicians in olden days, all of them carried those characteristics. from well known ancient metaphysician 江太公( 1000-900 BC) , 张良(about 202 BC), 诸葛亮( 330AD) and many more….. we could see easily their power derived from 2 sources : the metaphysical technical know-how and personal virtues.
Well, since I am travelling in vast nation of China, this is the short message I could share with you at this moment.
Stay in Tuned for more information.
email : [email protected]